Wichita State Housing-Future Residents

Welcome to University Housing! 

No matter whether you are a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior, the University Residence Halls likely has a community of interest to you.  From single rooms to double rooms, learning communities and programs, you are a part of our community! Have a question about your Room choices, how to replace a lost key, or who can stay in campus housing? Hopefully you will find all your answers by browsing this site.

Top 10 reasons to live on campus at Wichita State University

* See Fairmount Room and Floor Plans - Click Here*

* See the NEW Shocker Hall Room and Floor Plans - Click Here*


Housing and residential life team members consistently work towards providing adequate facilities, trained staff, and programs to enhance student and institutional goals.

Student Life

Ask 10 different people to define the typical Wichita State experience and chances are you'll get 10 different answers. That's because there really is no "typical" Wichita State experience. WSU students have always had the luxury of creating their college life, exactly the way they want it.

Apply to live on campus

To request an application be created for you or for more information regarding room availability, please call the Housing Office at 316-978-3693 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Packing List

What should you bring? What is the best to pack and not to pack for each residence hall. Check out the updated list of items!

Fairmount Lofting Instructions

Check out the official options to loft your furniture with the sets that are in each room provided by southwest furniture compmany. http://www.swcontract.com/about-us

Dining Services

Our residential dining programs provide fresh, chef-prepared selections customized to meet the individual needs of students, staff, and visitors. With multiple meal plan solutions, block plans, and flex dollar programs, we offer the right combination of “all-you-care-to-eat” custom-prepared stations and retail services to satisfy any lifestyle.


The Office of Residence Life provides on-campus living accommodations for undergraduate and graduate students.  Students must be matriculated and full time status.


A list of answers to commonly asked questions about residence life on campus at Wichita State.


Wichita State Housing requires all single undergraduate freshmen under 20 years of age to live in organized living groups which are officially recognized by the university for one academic year.

Fire Log

Federal law requires that every university that operates on-campus student housing facilities maintain a written and easily understood log of all fires that occur in such facilities, including records of the nature, date, time and general location of each fire.

Take a Look Around

The Department of Housing and Residence Life offers tours of some of our residence hall facilities to potential Shockers, their families, and visitors.

Residential Disability Services

Students requesting accommodations while living in campus housing should read this document. These guidelines are provided so that the Residence Life Department can respond appropriately to the individual needs of the student.

Meet the Staff

Page introducing parents, students and guests to the different types of staff members in Housing and Residence Life.

PNG ImageContact us if you still have questions:

Housing & Residence Life
1845 Fairmount Box 141 Wichita, KS 67260-0141
call:316-978-3693 or email us at housing.wsu@wichita.edu