Engineering Living Learning Community
Sponsored By: College of Engineering
The Engineering Living Learning Community is a student community formed around common engineering courses and experiences where students live, learn, and engage together.
• Tutoring in the residence halls
• Industry tours
• Lunches with faculty
• Build friendships
• Social activities to help distress from school
Students must have declared a major within the College of Engineering. Limited to incoming first year students.
• Build peer relationships with other students pursuing engineering degrees
• Build professional relationship with faculty and practicing engineers
• Increase awareness of engineering and the various disciplines and career options
• In-Hall Tutoring and Resume Workshop
• Exclusive VIP Tour of the new Experiential Engineering Building
• Capture the Flag and Happy Hour with Faculty
For More Information:
Engineering LLC Coordinator: Alicia Newell, (316) 978-5480, Alicia.Newell@wichita.edu
Residence Life Coordinator: Becca Johnson, (316) 978-7749, Becca.Johnson@wichita.edu
Jonas Zabriskie is the Peer Academic Leader (PAL) of the Engineering Living Learning Community. Jonas is a sophomore majoring in Aerospace Engineering and minoring in Mathematics. He is an Out-Of-State student from Minnesota and is really excited about this job! Jonas describes himself as an Youtube watching, Outgoing, Active and Musical type of person. Jonas really enjoys getting to know people and having stimulating conversations with new people, and possibly even learning something in the process. On campus Jonas belongs to the Engineering Ambassadors as the Secretary of the organization and AIAA (American Institute of Aviation Research). In the future Jonas would like to work for either Bombardier, Textron, SpaceX, or even NASA!