ResLife Staff 2017-18
Resident Assistants (RAs) are an integral part of the Housing & Residence Life (HRL) team. They are paraprofessional staff members who have direct and regular contact with students. The RA role is one of a community facilitator and role model, providing leadership and assisting residents in developing a positive community environment through the building of strong and intentional relationships with residents. A positive community environment is one where active learning takes place through RA facilitated opportunities for university staff and resident interaction, seeking resident involvement, and creating a sense of community among residents.
To be considered for a Resident Assistant position, candidates must:
• Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with Wichita State
• Have a minimum cumulative and semester GPA of 2.5 at the time of hiring as well as through the duration of employment
• Have 24 credit hours completed prior to the academic term Summer 2018
• Be available for 20 hours of work per week
• Preferred to have spent at least one semester living in on-campus housing or other applicable
Resident Assistants' compensation includes a room within Shocker Hall or The Flats, a meal plan, a monthly stipend, and free laundry. Please be aware that this package is reported to Financial Aid for FAFSA purposes. Domestic students may seek additional work on campus up to 10 hours a week while classes are in session. International students are only permitted to seek outside work when classes are not in session.
Applications Open: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:00am. Applications will only be accepted through WSU Handshake.
Applications Due: Friday, February 16, 2018 by 11:59pm. Applications will only be accepted through WSU Handshake.
Individual Interviews: Monday, February 26, 2018 – Thursday, March 1, 2018
• Interviews will be conducted in 30 minute intervals with current professional and student staff. Dress is business casual.
Group Process Interview: Saturday, March 3, 2018
• Group process will last approximately 3 hours. All candidates that move on to this stage are required to participate. Dress is business casual.
Offer Letters: Friday. March 9, 2018
• Applicants who are offered the position or an alternate position will be notified by campus email.
Housing and Residence Life
1845 Fairmount St. PO Box 141
Wichita, KS 67260-0141