Mission of the Office of Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources strives to be a centralized collaborative business partner of all Human Resource needs for Wichita State University.
The Office of Human Resources at Wichita State University supports three primary groups:
University Employees – our office will:
- help acclimate new employees;
- ensure a productive and ethical work environment;
- administer benefits;
- provide training and development during employment;
- facilitate accurate timekeeping and appropriate compensation.
University Leaders – our office will strive to be a strategic partner in:
- fulfilling their needs and goals;
- ensuring continued leadership success;
- recruiting and selecting the best-qualified candidates for employment;
- providing tools to assist with planning employee assessment and efficient operations.
Neighbors and Community – we will help the University continue to be a constructive community partner and educational institution of choice through volunteerism and community
The following values guide and direct our interactions and work:
- To be knowledgeable and proactive on all Human Resource subjects.
- To be trustworthy, realistic, respectful and confidential in all matters.
- To interact in a positive, helpful and friendly manner.
- To be timely in our responses.
From Hiring to Retiring – HR is here to help!