Free Biometric Screenings
Attention All Benefits Eligible Employees
An additional free biometric screenings offered at Wichita State University -- Ahlberg Hall, Room 302 on the following date:
Deadline to sign up is two full business days before an event.
What is a Biometric Screening?
HealthQuest sponsors free biometric screenings at worksites statewide. Testing is conducted in 30 minutes or less using a simple finger stick. Results you will receive include:
- Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and total cholesterol to HDL ratio
- Triglycerides and glucose
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Height, weight and body mass index (BMI)
- Waist circumference
Remember to fast for a minimum of nine hours prior to your appointment. Please drink water to stay hydrated; black coffee and tea are also okay (no cream or sugar). Take
medications as usual.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Benefits eligible State and Non State employees who are enrolled in the state employee health plan or who have waived coverage in the plan.
- Retirees, spouses and dependents 18 years or older who are enrolled in the state employee health plan.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Log in to your account on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com and click on “Biometric Screenings” from
the left menu and then select “Onsite Screenings”.
- If you do not have internet access or have trouble with the online site, call toll-free 1-888-275-1205 and select option 5 for assistance making an appointment.
- The early slots fill up quickly so make your appointment as soon as possible.
- The appointment system closes two full business days in advance of an event.
- Employees/health plan members can participate in one event between August 2012 and July 2013.
How Do I Earn the 2014 Premium Discount?
- Obtain your biometric numbers from one of three ways: 1) by attending an onsite screening event, 2) by scheduling a preventive screening visit with your physician, or 3) by ordering an
at-home screening kit offered by HealthQuest. More info at http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/screening.html
- Complete the required online health assessment questionnaire using your biometric numbers by July 31, 2013. More info at http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/assessment.html
- Earn 20 additional credits by July 31, 2013. For full details on the HealthQuest Rewards Program, please visit http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/rewards.html