Total Rewards

(Benefits & Compensation)


Benefits -- Initial Enrollment

Benefits eligible employees new to the University must create an account with the State Employee Health Plan Member Administration Portal (MAP) to select benefits. You may go into MAP as many times as needed during your initial enrollment period to make benefit changes and upload dependent documentation.  Update your contact information (e.g., phone number, email, mailing address) at any time throughout the year through the MAP website.  The benefits that you select, as of midnight on the last day of your enrollment period, cannot be changed until the next open enrollment period in October.

  •  NOTE:  You will receive an email from totalrewards@wichita.edu, within 2 weeks of your hire date, informing you when the portal is open for you to elect your Initial Enrollment Health Benefits.  You will not be able to log in and enroll until that time!
  • Log in to the State Employee Health Plan MAP to select your benefits(If you are a first-time user, you must create an account using your State ID# which can be found on your pay stub, the green slip from when you signed up with HR on your first day, or by calling HR at 316-978-3065.)  For technical assistance, email techsupport@hrissuite.com or call 800-832-5337.
  • How to log in to the Membership Administration Portal (MAP)
  • Health Plan Premium Discounts (through the HealthQuest Program)
  • State Employee Health Plan Website
  • Provider directories: Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield use ‘KSE’ member code, or Aetna), Dental, Vision
  • Prescription Drug Costs and Lists:  Caremark
  • Cards:  Insurance cards are mailed within 2 weeks of new enrollment or a benefits change.  Go online to print off cards or call the vendors directly to request cards and verify the mailing address.  Vendor contact and website information can be found on Page 2 of the current year's health insurance booklet.  If insurance has already started, give the name and phone number of the selected provider to the doctor's office.  If you, or a family member, are not active within the provider's system, ask the doctor's office to bill you at a later time.  In some cases, you may be required to pay out of pocket and obtain reimbursement from the insurance provider.
  • As a new employee, you must go to the MAP website to:
    1. Review your current State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) demographic information.
    2. Select or waive your new employee health plan coverage.  Dependent documentation is required in order to add dependents to your plan.
    3. Choose to participate in a Flexible Spending and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account. You are required to re-enroll in these accounts each year.
    4. If eligible, choose to participate in the HealthyKIDS program. You are required to re-enroll in this program each year.

Reviewed: 11/30/2016 MT

Updated: 9/20/2017 SP