Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) Renewal Process
RENEWAL FOR ALL RECOGNIZED STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
All Recognized Student Organizations must…
- Renew status between July 19th 2013 and September 15th 2013 to receive full RSO benefits. Any group which renews afterwards or is chartered in FY 14 will be on provisional status. Late
organizations will only receive provisional status after meeting all the requirements set for the year.
- Update their OrgSync each year with contact information for its primary officers & advisors, updated roster and constitution. This should be duly updated if any changes are made.
- Send delegates to Nuts & Bolts Renewal Conference each year in September.
- Maintain a minimum of five (5) members. Organizations with at least three (3) members can register provisionally. Exceptions can be made with specific communication with Student
- Maintain a President who is currently enrolled as a student at Wichita State University in good standing.
- Must not discriminate in their operation, programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
political affiliation, status as a veteran, genetic information or disability.
- Abide by all policies, rules and guidelines of Wichita State University, Rhatigan Student Center and Student Involvement and, federal, state and local laws.
- RSOs must have no outstanding debts to Wichita State University, or affiliated corporations.
- Have an advisor who is a WSU faculty, staff or administrator. If at any time an advisor resigns the student organization has one month to find a new advisor while on provisional status. If they
cannot find an advisor they will be placed on the inactive list.
- RSOs which use noncampus property (property owned or controlled by RSO) or use an off-campus facility on a regular basis for meetings and programs, which include houses, lodging and community
space, a proof of insurance, certificate of building inspection and proof of fire inspection must be provided when registering as a student organization. It is the expectation of Wichita State
University that noncampus property will be inspected by appropriate local/state inspectors on an annual basis to maintain quality conditions for utilizing the space. Documentation will be valid for
one Academic year: August -July.
All students and student organizations must comply with Wichita State University policies, including STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT section 8.05.
If there are any question, queries or concerns please contact Lyston Skerritt in Student Involvement, RSC 262, email@example.com or (316)