Last Updated: June 5, 2015
The staff of Student Involvement strive to make meaningful experiences for students at events, in the classroom, community and especially in the workplace. Student Involvement is a great place for individuals to develop leadership skills, learn time management, balance personal and academic responsibilities, and build lifelong relationships. Apply for one or more of our available student positions and become part of the Student Involvement Team!
Student Involvement is currently looking for three gallery attendants in the Cadman Art Gallery. The position will start August 7 and run for the academic year. Work study students are strongly encourage to apply. To apply for this position, please bring a completed application with your fall 2015 class schedule to Student Involvement, RSC 216. For more information please contact Chas Thompson at 978-3022.
Under general supervision, this intern position performs duties such as planning events or programs, creates and updates marketing materials, and oversees student project committees. This position also performs basic filing, organization and clerical duties for Fraternity and Sorority Life within Student Involvement. Duties may include answering emails, typing, filing, copying, mailing, tracking and organizing information, running errands, entering data and other duties as assigned. Must respect confidentiality of information. Demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and time management. Position may require periods of working with minimal supervision.
Position is for the calendar year; MUST be available and an enrolled student for the entire calendar year.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans events or programs, creates and updates marketing materials, and oversees student project committees.
• Works with staff and the graphics department to create and/or update materials promoting Fraternity and Sorority Life.
• Assists in updating the website and provides updates to social media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Communicates and collaborates with student committees in order to facilitate projects such as the Omega Gazette, New Member Academy, and philanthropy events.
• Performs basic filing, organization and clerical duties for Fraternity and Sorority Life.
• Assists with Student Involvement and front desk as needed.
• Greets and assists visitors in a professional and timely manner
• Employs good customer service when interacting with customers in person, on the phone or via email.
• Assists with Student Involvement general programming as needed.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Wichita State University
- Must have and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0/4.0
- This is un unpaid internship
• Submit the Student Involvement Employment Application via email to Student Involvement at: email@example.com