Last Updated: Wednesday, March 25, 2015
The staff of Student Involvement strive to make meaningful experiences for students at events, in the classroom, community and especially in the workplace. Student Involvement is a great place for individuals to develop leadership skills, learn time management, balance personal and academic responsibilities, and build lifelong relationships. Apply for one or more of our available student positions and become part of the Student Involvement Team!
Under general supervision, this intern position performs duties such as planning events or programs, creates and updates marketing materials, and oversees student project committees. This position also performs basic filing, organization and clerical duties for Fraternity and Sorority Life within Student Involvement. Duties may include answering emails, typing, filing, copying, mailing, tracking and organizing information, running errands, entering data and other duties as assigned. Must respect confidentiality of information. Demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and time management. Position may require periods of working with minimal supervision.
Position is for January 2015 – December 2015; MUST be available and an enrolled student for the entire calendar year.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans events or programs, creates and updates marketing materials, and oversees student project committees.
• Works with staff and the graphics department to create and/or update materials promoting Fraternity and Sorority Life.
• Assists in updating the website and provides updates to social media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Communicates and collaborates with student committees in order to facilitate projects such as the Omega Gazette, New Member Academy, and philanthropy events.
• Performs basic filing, organization and clerical duties for Fraternity and Sorority Life.
• Assists with Student Involvement and front desk as needed.
• Greets and assists visitors in a professional and timely manner
• Employs good customer service when interacting with customers in person, on the phone or via email.
• Assists with Student Involvement general programming as needed.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Wichita State University
- Must have and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0/4.0
• Submit the Student Involvement Employment Application via email to Student Involvement at:
If you have questions, please contact Meg Junk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-978-7011
The Graduate Staff Assistant for Student Involvement is designed to be a nine month position which will work with various staff in Student Involvement and will coordinate specific programs for the areas within Student Involvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Interested persons should submit an application, cover letter, resume and three references to:
Tia D. Hill
Senior Coordinator of Student Activities, Student Involvement
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount, Box 56
Wichita, KS 67260-0056
Submissions can also be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
Deadline to submit materials for the Student Involvement Graduate Staff Position is May 13, 2015. Anticipated start date is August 3, 2015. For questions or additional information, please call (316) 978-3022.