The 3rd Annual Shocker Leadership Awards is a way to recognize the work of student-led organizations, students, faculty and staff at Wichita State University. Recognized student organizations, university affiliated student groups and individuals may be nominated by a student, faculty member, staff member, or organization, or may nominate themselves for one of the awards. One application form must be completed for every award for which one wishes to be considered. A nomination must have all parts to be considered by the selection committee. It is the responsibility of the nominator to turn in a complete packet. All forms must be submitted by 5:00pm on April 6, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Student Involvement, RSC 216.
1. Outstanding Large Student Organization recognizes the contributions of a larger student organization (26 or more members). This number will be determined through the organization's OrgSync roster. The organization must have made a significant impact on the Wichita State University campus community by activities that reflect their mission, and exceeded their goals for the past academic year.
2. Outstanding Small Student Organization recognizes outstanding contributions by a small registered student organization (25 members or less). This number will be determined through the organization's OrgSync roster. The organization must have made a significant impact on the Wichita State campus community by activities that reflect their mission, and exceeded their goals for the past academic year.
3. New Student Organization of the Year is presented to a recognized student organization or University affiliated student group that has made great strides to establish itself on campus in its first year and has contributed to student engagement on campus.
4. Outstanding Community Service Program is presented to an organization for planning and implementing a program or event that made great strides towards reaching WSU’s Metropolitan mission to foster the cultural, economic and social development within the community.
5. New Program of the Year is presented to an organization or group that plans and implements a new program that exhibits creativity and originality.
6. Outstanding Program of the Year is presented to an organization or group for conceiving, planning and implementing an outstanding program that demonstrates collaboration, diversity, leadership and relevance to college students.
7. Advisor of the Year goes to an individual faculty or staff member who has displayed an exemplary level of dedication and commitment to the organization they have advised.
8. Rising Leader Award goes to an undergraduate student who has completed less than 60 credit hours, who has shown tremendous growth over the past academic year and who is emerging as a leader at WSU.
9. Advocate Award goes to a student who boldly speaks out and takes action in support of a cause affecting Wichita State University students or the community at large to promote change and raise awareness.
10. Student Leader of the Year Award goes to a student who has more than 60 credit hours, or a graduate student, who has provided outstanding service to the Wichita State University community and the community at large.
For more information or questions, please contact Chas Thompson, Coordinator for Student Organizations, at email@example.com or (316) 978-3022.