All Recognized Student Organizations must…
1. Renew status by September 15, 2017 to receive full RSO benefits. Any group which renews afterwards or is chartered in FY18 will be on provisional status. Late organizations will only receive provisional status after meeting all the requirements set for the year.
2. Maintain a minimum of five (5) members. Organizations with at least three (3) members can register provisionally. Exceptions can be made with specific communication with Student Involvement.
3. Maintain a President who is currently enrolled as a student at Wichita State University in good standing.
4. Not discriminate in their operation, programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, status as a veteran, genetic information or disability.
5. Abide by all policies, rules and guidelines of Wichita State University, Rhatigan Student Center and Student Involvement, and federal, state and local laws.
6. Have no outstanding debts to Wichita State University or affiliated corporations.
7. Have an advisor who is a WSU faculty, staff or administrator. If at any time an advisor resigns, the student organization has one month to find a new advisor while on provisional status. If they cannot find an advisor, they will be placed on the inactive list.
8. Report off-campus facilities. RSOs which use noncampus property (property owned or controlled by RSO) or use an off-campus facility on a regular basis for meetings and programs, which include houses, lodging and community space, a proof of insurance, certificate of building inspection and proof of fire inspection must be provided when registering as a student organization. It is the expectation of Wichita State University that noncampus property will be inspected by appropriate local/state inspectors on an annual basis to maintain quality conditions for utilizing the space. Documentation will be valid for one Academic year, August -July.
Required Steps for Renewal each year
1. Update OrgSync each year with contact information for primary officers & advisors, updated roster and organization constitution. This should be duly updated if any changes are made. Constitutions must have:
2. Send delegates to Nuts & Bolts Renewal Conference each year in September.
3. Complete all online training requirements via BlackBoard.
All students and student organizations must comply with Wichita State University policies, including STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT, Section 8.05.
If there are any questions, please contact Chas Thompson, Coordinator for Student Organizations, at email@example.com or (316) 978-3022.