Greetings, History Enthusiasts!
Kansas Association of Historians has been promoting historical scholarship by Kansans for Kansans since 1927. We encourage KAH conference participation not only by academics, but also by people who are not employed at a college or university.
• KAH Conference, March 28-29, 2014, “Old Cow Town Museum,” Wichita
• Deadline for proposal submission: February 6, 2014
• Calling for paper, panel, poster, performance, round table, workshop, or discussion session proposals (please indicate one of these formats in your submission).
• All proposals will be seriously considered
• Kansas is the center of the world, but KAH welcomes projects that address areas beyond Kansas
• Acceptance announced: February 27, 2014
• Those accepted to present will be expected to register for the conference at $70 (includes *** meals), $30 for students; there are no membership dues
• Proposals and paper abstracts should be sent electronically to Joyce Thierer at email@example.com .
As you grade papers, mentor historians, talk with colleagues, and/or plan your own research projects, please consider submitting and encouraging others to submit proposals to this friendly learning community that gathers in a conference environment.
In the interest of throwing the largest “lasso” possible, please forward this message to colleagues, students, museums, librarians, public historians and friends and acquaintances, including those outside the formal history community. Please also post the attached flier.
Feel free to contact me with questions or concerns, and know that we look forward to seeing you in March as we exchange ideas and enjoy camaraderie.
Joyce Thierer, PhD, Program Chair, KAH Conference
Department of Social Sciences
Emporia State University
1200 Commercial St.
Emporia, KS 66801-5087
firstname.lastname@example.org office: 620-341-5533 cell: 620-344-0896