Kansas Kids @ GEAR UP Scholarships
If you have participated in KKGU and are currently a senior in high school, or are a current college student (who has participated in KKGU), you may be eligible to receive a scholarship from
KKGU. These awards are need-based, can be up to $3,000 per semester and are specifically intended for eligible KKGU students.
- Must be a United States Citizen and less than 22 years of age at the time of the first award.
- Have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.
- Demonstrated successful participation in Kansas Kids @ GEAR UP.
- Documentation of a minimum of a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Received a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, the General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or will receive a diploma by May/June of application year.
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment, a minimum of part-time, in a program of instruction at a 4-year accredited institution. Students attending a community college may also be eligible if they
plan to finish a 4-year degree after completing community college.
Before filling out either online application, it is important to make sure you meet the criteria above and will be attending college full time.
If you are a graduating high school senior, you will need to complete the online initial scholarship application with the following link.
Initial Scholarship Application
If you have received our scholarship at any point in the past, you will only need to fill out the online continuation scholarship application below. With this application you will need to submit
- A signed apartment lease agreement if you are living off campus.
- A transcript of all college work.
- A financial aid award letter from the institution you will be attending.
- An invoice from the institution you will be attending showing all semester charges for the fall semester in which you are applying.
Continuing Scholarship Application
The deadline for applications is the end of May of each year.
Mail supporting documentation for your online application to:
Kansas Kids @ GEAR UP
Wichita State University
Attn: Scholarship Review Committee
1845 North Fairmount
Wichita, KS 67260-0110
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org