The Foresight 2020 document was presented to the Kansas Board of Regents in September 2010. Briefly, the six strategic goals outlined are:
- Achieve alignment between the state’s pre K-12 and higher education systems and continue to enhance alignment between higher education institutions.
- Achieve participation in the state’s higher education system that better reflects the state’s demography and more fully engages adult learners.
- Achieve measurable improvement in persistence and completion rates for higher education institutions across the state.
- Ensure that students earning credentials and degrees across the higher education system possess the foundational skills essential for success in work and in life.
- Enhance alignment between the work of the state’s higher education system and the needs of the Kansas economy.
- Enhance the regional and national reputation of Kansas universities through aspirational initiatives.
Please view the entire Foresight 2020 document for more