General Undergraduate Advising

All students should run CAPP, or Degree Evaluation, periodically to track your progress toward your degree before you meet with the MCLL undergraduate advisor.

All students should meet with an advisor early in their college careers to discuss goals and short-range and long-range planning of class schedules and to update that planning at least once a year.

  • MCLL majors and minors need to meet with our undergraduate advisor, Gail Burkett.
  • Native speakers of any of the world languages offered at WSU should contact the MCLL undergraduate advisor, Gail Burkett, or an MCLL faculty member prior to their first enrollment. (Click here to see the difference between native and heritage speakers.)
  • LAS students should contact advisors in 115 Grace Wilkie Hall for GenEd advice and general university requirements.
  • Career counseling is also available through LAS Advising in 115 Grace Wilkie Hall or online at www.wichita.edu/careerservices.

For specific advising questions please consult our FAQs or talk to an advisor on the MCLL faculty contact list.

Attention Seniors!

The Application for Degree (AFD) is now offered only online. All new AFDs (starting in Fall 2011) will be accepted only through a new link in the myWSU portal under Student Resources (Graduation Links):  https://webapps.wichita.edu/degreecard.