Judges Standard Work
- Check to ensure mission board is properly set up.
- Check to ensure that judgeï¿½s notebook is in your possession.
- Have fun!
For each team that wants to run the course:
- Ask, ï¿½Is this an official runï¿½?
- If so, check the serial number (both RCX and NXT) against the summary sheet and if correct, write the serial number on the scoring sheet. If incorrect, tell the team to get the correct
NXT/RCX and do NOT allow a run.
- Tell all students but the ï¿½starterï¿½ to remain behind the ï¿½police lineï¿½ tape.
- Tell one student to press ï¿½runï¿½ and back away behind the ï¿½police lineï¿½ tape.
- Enter the points for this run under the ï¿½1st runï¿½ column on the scoring sheet.
- Keep the sheet in the notebook.
- If the team returns and wants to do another official run, they may have one.
- Ask, ï¿½is this an official run?ï¿½
- Return to 1a and go through the process to 1c.
- Enter the points for this run under the ï¿½2nd runï¿½ column on the scoring sheet.
- They will receive the higher score of the two runs. They cannot add together or average their points.
- Place the final score (best of the two runs) in the top right part of the scoring sheet
- Hand the scoring sheet to the ï¿½runnerï¿½ to deliver to the official scorer.
Note 1: if a team never returns for a 2nd run then the 1st score becomes the official score.
- If not an official run, and no other team desires to attempt an official run, then allow the team to practice.
- Teams can practice runs until another team wants to do a run.
- Teams running for points will have priority! Any team currently ï¿½tryingï¿½ the course may be bumped. Bumping is at the judges' discretion typically based on time elapsed. The ï¿½bumpedï¿½ team
will be able to ï¿½stand-on-deckï¿½ for the next ï¿½tryï¿½ on that course.
- Teams will have an opportunity to practice on the mission boards at the judgesï¿½ discretion. Priority will be given to teams that are ready to run the course for points. Points will ONLY be
given when a team states to the judges that they are making an official run for points. Teams will not be allowed to decide ï¿½afterï¿½ the run that it was an official run.
- Awards Ceremony is in Hubbard Hall, Room 208 at 5pm.
- The Challenge Floor will be closed for lunch from 12:00-12:45pm. NO ONE will be allowed in the Heskett Gym during this time. You may leave all of your robotics equipment at your tables. We will
post people at the doors to monitor the area.
- NO Food or Drinks allowed in the Heskett Gym.
Important Information About Practice Runs
Teams will have an opportunity to practice on the mission boards at the judgesï¿½ discretion. Priority will be given to teams that are ready to run the course for points. Points will ONLY be
given when a team states to the judges that they are making an official run for points.
Teams may ï¿½try outï¿½ the courses. The time period and number of sequential ï¿½triesï¿½ is up to the judgesï¿½ discretion based upon the time available and the number of teams waiting in line to ï¿½tryï¿½ the
course. All judgesï¿½ decisions are FINAL.
Teams running for points will have priority! Any team currently ï¿½tryingï¿½ the course will be bumped. The ï¿½bumpedï¿½ team will be able to ï¿½stand-on-deckï¿½ for the next ï¿½tryï¿½ on that course.
Questions about Rules ï¿½ Ask a person wearing a Challenge t-shirt with blue sleeves!!
Mission judges can answer any questions about their individual mission ï¿½ they have final ruling.