Visitor parking at WSU
Welcome to Wichita State University!
To accommodate our growing enrollment, Wichita State's main campus will become a permit-only parking environment beginning Aug. 11, 2014. If you are visiting campus on days when classes are in
session, parking permits are required for most lots between the hours of 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday. During enforcement hours, there are two parking options for visitors to our main
- Visitors may park in designated metered visitor parking areas around campus; or
- Visitors may ride the free WSU Shuttle System from satellite lots at the Hughes Metropolitan Complex at 29th and Oliver or, potentially, from a WSU-leased parking lot at 21st Street and Oliver
(pending final agreement).
In paid areas, visitors will eventually pay for parking through parking meters and self-serve kiosks, depending on the location. Metering devices will be
installed this fall. In addition to metered spaces and satellite lots, a limited number of free spaces will be reserved for visitors in the following locations:
- Visitors to the Marcus Welcome Center and Woodman Alumni Center may park free in designated visitor spaces in Lot 21E.
- During clinic hours, patients of the WSU Dental Hygiene Clinic may park free in designated visitor spaces on the south edge of Lot 6, east of Ahlberg Hall.
- Patients of the WSU Dental Clinic may park free in the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Building lot.
- Patients of the Cassat Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic may park free in designated visitor spaces on the west side of the Hughes Metropolitan Complex.
- Visitors to the Ulrich Museum may park free in designated visitor spaces on the north end of Fairmount Street entrance.