The WSU President's Home located at 1820 N. Hillside. The house built for $21,000 during the Depression, was partially funded from the federal Public Works Administration and $12,000 from university funds. President Jardine moved into the home in 1939. Wichita architect C.F. Boucher designed the house in Georgian Revival style.
The house has approximately 7,650 square feet of living area. The first floor contains a large gathering room; a sitting room; a small kitchen remodeled in 1993; an office; a solarium added in 1999; a large dining room; and an addition that was added by private donors in 2007. This addition contains a large entertainment room, two guest bathrooms, and an upscale catering kitchen. The second floor houses the master bedroom; adjoined by a sunroom which was once a porch and since enclosed in the 80's (now a home office with a desk donated by a 1921 alum); as well as four guest bedrooms. The house is decorated with a combination of university furnishings and the President and First Lady's personal belongings. Paintings are on loan from the Ulrich Museum.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped by staff from the WSU Physical Plant and the home has entertained large groups of students, alums, and community, state and university guests.