Applied Psychology Research Institute (APRI)
The three doctoral programs in the Department of Psychology at Wichita State University share a common focus on applied research, in accord with the mission of Wichita State University as
Kansas’ only urban-serving university campus.
The Applied Psychology Research Institute (APRI) was approved by the Kansas Board of Regents and opened in June 2013. APRI:
- serves as a regional center for research in program evaluation, human factors, and child development
- provides infrastructure, including laboratory and office space dedicated to these research activities
- fosters collaborative research across disciplines to address problems that require an interdisciplinary approach to understand and ameliorate
- provides additional training opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students
- markets the research capabilities of the institute.
APRI is located in Rm 102 McKinley Hall. For more information contact Dr. Alex
Chaparro at Alex.Chaparro@wichita.edu or 316-978-3170.