People last enrolled at WSU more than two (2) years ago must have their status reactivated with the Office of the Registrar. Undergraduate students who receive a bachelor's degree must also have their status reactivated after graduation if they choose to pursue further undergraduate courses.

  • Undergraduate or graduate students who have been dismissed, must apply for readmission with their academic college.
  • Graduate Students: Because of changes in program requirements, periods of non-enrollment may result in the need to complete an application for readmission to the program. Contact the Graduate School at (316) 978-3095 to determine if readmission is needed instead of reactivation.
  • A former undergraduate student who has been dismissed by the Graduate School may be reactivated to undergraduate standing without petitioning for readmission.  In such cases only the reactivation is required.
  • Students who were prior High School Guests need to update their admission with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

In all cases, please READ the instructions before completing any form/process!


1.  Persons last enrolled at WSU in Graduate School

Graduate students who were in good academic standing when last enrolled at WSU may re-enter in that same program.  Graduate students who have previous undergraduate hours at WSU and who now wish to be enrolled again as undergraduates must first get released from the Graduate School Office, 107 Jardine Hall. Once released from the Graduate School, students should reactivate through the Office of the Registrar.  Graduate students who have never been enrolled as undergraduates at WSU and now want to be, should apply through the Admissions Office, Marcus Welcome Center. New graduate students should apply through the Graduate School Office.

2.  Persons last enrolled at WSU as an undergraduate

a. Degree-Bound Students: Transcripts

Students working toward a degree at WSU who have attended another college or university since last attending WSU must have one official transcript from each school attended sent directly to the Registrar's Office.  Such transcripts must be received at WSU before the student may register for classes.  Please Note: All required transcripts must be sent to Wichita State directly from previous schools. 

Students changing from non-degree to degree-bound at WSU do so through a "Change of College" form - even though a change of college may not be involved - see "d" below - AND must have any appropriate high school or college transcripts sent directly to the Registrar's Office.

       b. Non-Degree-Bound Students: Transcripts

       You may be readmitted without furnishing transcripts of work done elsewhere, if:

           1.  You have not attended any school (including WSU) for two years;

           2. You are currently on active military duty; or

           3. You hold a baccalaureate or higher degree.

If you fit any of these categories, check the appropriate box in item 9 of the Reactivation Form.  You may take up to fifteen credit hours as an open admission student.  At the end of the semester in which you earn the fifteenth credit, transcripts of prior work may be required.  If you do not fit the categories above, but wish to be a non-degree-bound student, follow the instructions in the "degree-bound" section.

       c. Guest Students

If you are returning to WSU on a temporary basis as a college guest, with the work to be used at another institution, check the appropriate box on item 9 of the Reactivation Form.  Evidence of good standing at your home institution may be required.  A total of fifteen hours may be taken as a guest.  High school guest admissions must be renewed each semester with the Admissions Office.

       d. Change of College

If you wish to change to a major in a WSU college different from the college in which you were last enrolled, you must initiate a "Change of College" with your last college.  You must meet the admission requirements for the other college and be accepted by them.

3. Residency

If you were last enrolled as a non-resident, but feel you now meet the requirements for Kansas residency, please go to 102 Jardine Hall and request an "Application for Resident Classification."  Change of residency status cannot be accomplished without completion and approval of that application.

Wichita State University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, status as a veteran or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0205; telephone (316) 978-6791.


If you know your myWSU ID and password, click here to log in and begin the process.

If you do not have or do not know your myWSU ID and password, click here to complete the WSU security access process. Once you have obtained your myWSU ID and password, please follow the instructions above.

Requests for reactivation can be submitted online or in person at 117 Jardine Hall, WSU West Campus, or WSU South Campus.  Paper reactivation forms will not be accepted by fax or mail.