Four Steps to Retool your Future

1. Register

Begin the process with registration at the Wichita Workforce Center. The Wichita Workforce Center will assign a caseworker to determine if you are eligible for Workforce Investment Act funding. You can find additional information about funding as well as a list of occupations/industries eligible for federal training funds and other resources for laid-off workers on the WWC website.

Wichita Workforce Center
150 N. Main Street, Suite 200,
Wichita, KS 67202
T: (316) 771-6600

2. Apply for Admission

Apply for admission to Wichita State (or reactivate, if you are a former WSU student). For information contact:

WSU Undergraduate Admissions Office
T: (316) 978-3085

We look forward to assisting you with the admissions process and any other questions you may have regarding Wichita State University.

3. Get Funding

Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through the admissions/financial aid area or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

The FAFSA is a required step in qualifying for workforce development funding. Your caseworker from the workforce center will walk you through the filing process.

4. Enroll in Courses

Courses approved for federal funding by the workforce board can be found at the links below. (NOTE: Some browsers may have trouble processing the links below. If you have difficulty, click here to get alternate instructions for viewing the course information.)

Wichita State University courses

WSU CAD/CAM Laboratory courses

Further information is available on the KansasWorks web site.

With the number of layoffs in the south-central Kansas area, the workforce center is moving as quickly as they can through the requests and caseloads. It helps for you to work through the processes above and be as prepared as possible prior to meetings with your caseworker.