In order to get a Shocker Card you must meet the following criteria:

STUDENTS: Must be enrolled in the current active semester or pre-enrolled in an upcoming semester. We will verify your enrollment status at the time you get your card. Former students, even if it was last semester, do not qualify.

FACULTY/STAFF: Must be in active employment status. We will verify your employment status at the time you get your card. If you are unsure of your status, check with Human Resources BEFORE you come in to get your card. Terminated employees do not qualify. Retired employees can contact the Shocker Card Center for more information on obtaining a RETIREE card.

FAIRMOUNT/WHEATSHOCKER RESIDENTS:  We can issue a Shocker Card to non-enrolled residents of Fairmount Towers and Wheatshocker Apartments ONLY if your housing contract has been accepted and approved by the Office of Housing and Residence Life for the upcoming term.  You must bring your approved housing contract and photo ID to the Shocker Card Center.  The contract MUST show that it has been accepted and processed by Housing.  For more information on housing or to verify your contract status, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life.

You must present one of the following forms of identification:

  • Current drivers license
  • Current State of Kansas photo-ID card
  • Current passport with photo
  • Current military ID card with photo
  • Photo ID from Immigration Services
  • High School ID from most recent school year

No sunglasses, hats, or head bands will be allowed in your picture.