Description of the position of Interim Legislative Director
* The position lasts for the duration of summer when the application for Legislative Director will be made available again so as to have the president's nomination confirmed by the Senate when it convenes beginning in fall.
* The Interim Legislative Director's job entails several things:
1. Becoming familiar with and drafting revisions to the SGA Legislative Journal
2. Working on state-level political issues in partnership with the President and the Kansas Board of Regents Student Advisory Committee. This included traveling to Topeka in mid-July and mid-August as well as at least one retreat of SAC.
3. Aiding the President with any other tasks that he designates.
* The position is to work 15 hours a week. Vacation time must be approved by the President but is available. The office will be open from 8-5 M-F.
This is a critical time in SGA. The summer serves as a time to set goals, develop a plan for the year, and start to build relationships amongst the office staff.
Please direct further questions to Darren, SGA President at firstname.lastname@example.org