Medical Emergencies

In the case of medical emergencies occuring when our office is closed:

Students with health insurance
Students should check their insurance card for information regarding their policy. There may be only certain physicians or hospitals that may be used, depending on the insurance company, or the student may need prior approval from the insurance company or a primary care physician.

Students without health insurance
Students should either go to one of the Minor Emergency Centers or the Via Christi Clinic (formerly Wichita Clinic). These facilities have extended hours and are less expensive than hospital emergency rooms. Below are addresses for these offices closest to the Wichita State University campus: UHCSR insurance is accepted at the Via Christi Clinic.

If you need medical attention when our office is closed, please see the options below. If you have United Health Care Insurance, Via Christi Hospitals and Wesley Medical Centers accept this insurance.

Via Christi Immediate Care

Via Christi Immediate Care 3311 E. Murdock

wesley_logo.gif (856 bytes)

Wesley Medical Center 550 N. Hillside

viachristi.gif (5,446 bytes)

Via Christi St. Francis 929 St. Francis

viachristi.gif (5,446 bytes)

Via Christi St. Joseph 3600 E. Harry