Student Health Insurance

Domestic Student Insurance | International Student Insurance

Health insurance is not required to be seen at Student Health; however, we do encourage all students to carry accident and hospitalization insurance. Health insurance of some kind IS required for all International Students.  UHCSR health insurance is available to all WSU students carrying 6 or more credit hours. Information is available at our office.

The Kansas Board of Regents has contracted with United Healthcare Student Resources to be the primary student insurance provider for Wichita State University as well as the rest of the Regents Universities.

Information packets with enrollment forms are available at our office as well as the International Office.

Contact United Healthcare at 1-888-344-6104 or www.uhcsr.com/wichita

Domestic Student Insurance

The Affordable Care Act Open Insurance Enrollment program begins Oct. 1, 2013 and will last until Mar. 31, 2014. Actual insurance coverage will begin on Jan. 1, 2014. This program requires insurance plans to cover preventive services without having to copay. Insurance companies can no longer refuse coverage because of a pre-existing condition. Students will still be allowed to stay on their parent’s health insurance until age 26.

Health insurance can be daunting please use the commonly used health insurance language to navigate the waters.

Here are some links containing information on the Affordable Care Act Open Insurance Enrollment program.




GIF Image (150x45)

International Student Insurance

Per WSU Policy 8.08  (http://webs.wichita.edu/inaudit/ch8_08.htm) International Students are required to have Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant health insurance during their school career at Wichita State University.

UHCSR Student Insurance is contracted by the Kansas Board of Regents as a health insurance option for students.  You will automatically be charged for this insurance unless you have already purchased and can show proof of ACA compliant insurance.

If you have ACA compliant insurance, you must fill out an online waiver (http://www.wichita.edu/InsuranceWaivers) and submit your documentation.