Call for Proposals:
The Honors College administers funding for Undergraduate Student Research Grants, which are grants of up to $1000 each to support student research and creative/performance projects. These grants are available to all undergraduate students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
To encourage undergraduate students from all disciplines to participate in research and creative projects in collaboration with WSU faculty.
1. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with a college GPA of at least a 2.5 and who have at least two semesters remaining at WSU including the semester in which they apply for the grant.
2. Student must be full-time with a declared major.
3. Student must have a faculty research mentor.
4. Preference is given to students whose projects are not currently receiving funding from another source (e.g., faculty mentor grants).
5. Students who have received funds from this program in the past are not eligible.
Grant proposals will be reviewed on a continuous cycle from September through April. Completed grant packages should be no longer than five pages plus literature cited page and should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Submit application as one PDF or a Word document. Use the subject heading and file name: UG grant_ student’s last name.
Funds must be used within one year from the date of the award.
» Download the Undergraduate Student Research Grants Application (MS Word format)
Out-of-State Travel Request Form
For more information about undergraduate research grants, contact:
Dean of the Honors College and Associate Professor of English
firstname.lastname@example.org • (316) 978-6459