Consider this an open invitation! If your students are still in the deciding phase of their college search, we encourage them to visit Wichita State. During their visit, they will have the
opportunity to explore our buildings, talk to current students and get a feel for what it's like to be a Shocker student. Groups with members grades 5-8 will be charged a fee of $5 per
student to cover staffing and materials costs. Payment is due on the day of the visit.
If your group is smaller than 10 students, please sign up through our campus visit
Types of Groups
The Office of Admissions provides group visits for:
- Fifth grade
- Middle School (6th-8th grade)*
- High school (9th-12th grade)
- Community college students
- TRIO, AVID or any other group with a special interest
*We plan several Middle School Visit Days each year. If you would like to sign up for a Middle School Visit
Day, please click here.
Visit Options & Information
- Each visit includes a 30-minute admissions presentation and a 60-minute walking tour of campus. We ask that that groups arrive 10-15 minutes prior to check-in.
- In addition to your presentation, you may include other sessions to help your students learn more about Wichita State.
In order to serve you to the best of our ability, all options require at least 3 weeks' notice to accommodate your requests and the presenter schedules.
- The Office of Admissions is unable to provide lunch, but visitors are welcome to use any of the WSU dining options in the
Rhatigan Student Center or Fairmount Towers Cafe.
Group Visits will not be booked for January or August, during peak registration times.
Available Options for Your Visit
If you would like to set up additional appointments with the following campus options, please contact them directly.
- Cooperative Education and Work-Based Learning presentation
- Financial Aid presentation
- Student Support Services/TRIO presentation
- Student Panel presentation
- Student Involvement presentation
- Disability Services presentation
- Office of Multicultural Affairs presentation
- Ablah Library tour
- Housing and Residence Life tour
- Charles Koch Arena tour
In the event your group must cancel, please contact Chad Steinkamp at least one business day prior to your visit at (316) 978-5405.