Only WSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni who have a myWSU ID and password can login to the myWSU portal for personalized content.
Go to http://mywsu.wichita.edu and select Manage your password.
1. Enter your myWSU ID (located on your Shocker Card).
2. Leave the password box blank to set up a new one or if you have forgotten your current password. Enter your current password if it is known.
3. Click Submit
When setting up a password, you will be challenged for some personal information to verify your identity.Select and answer two secret questions. Remember your answers; you will need them to change your password in 90 days.
- Don't remember your password?
- Can't remember your myWSU ID or secret questions?
If you have never had a shocker card, you can leave the issue date blank. If you have had a shocker card in the past, you must enter that issue date. If you no longer have that card, please call the helpdesk for assistance at (316) 978-HELP.
Passwords are case sensitive. MyWSU ID's are not.
myWSU passwords expire after 90 days. WSU is committed to maintaining security to on-line services. Regular expiration of passwords is a key component of the security plan.
You can never re-use an old myWSU password.
• Strong passwords are easy to remember and hard to guess.
• Start with a dictionary word and incorporate numbers to create a non-dictionary word.(i.e. Flagpole fla4gpo8le)
• Use the first letter in a phrase and incorporate numbers. (i.e: Jack and Jill ran up the hill jajru48th)
• Don't use personal information or these examples when creating your strong password. Avoid making passwords with patterns. (ie: a1234567 or mmmmm9).
You cannot create a password for myWSU until the next business day after being admitted. The update process is run overnight. The Help Desk cannot remove this lock. This lock is usually removed the next morning by 10 AM.
The username and password for the Undergraduate Admissions Application is set by the applicant. The Help Desk cannot lookup or reset this information. It is usually faster to start the process over if the application was not completed. Undergraduate Admissions has the capability of resetting this information. They can be contacted at (316) 978-3085. Graduate School Admissions and International Admissions questions should be directed to those departments.