Only WSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni who have a myWSU ID and password can login to the myWSU portal for personalized content.
New students can setup a new password by going to http://mywsu.wichita.edu. Click on "New to myWSU", then click on "Setup myWSU password". It will prompt you for your ID. Then it will ask you to select a non-WSU E-mail address that we have on file. A link will be sent to that address which will allow you to set security questions, and a password.
New faculty/staff can see instructions here.
- Don't remember your password?
- Can't remember your myWSU ID or secret questions?
Passwords are case sensitive. MyWSU ID's are not.
myWSU passwords expire after 90 days. WSU is committed to maintaining security to online services. Regular expiration of passwords is a key component of the security plan.
You can never reuse an old myWSU password.
• Strong passwords are easy to remember and hard to guess.
• Start with a dictionary word, and incorporate numbers to create a non-dictionary word (i.e. Flagpole fla4gpo8le).
• Use the first letter in a phrase and incorporate numbers (i.e: Jack and Jill ran up the hill jajru48th).
• Don't use personal information, or these examples when creating your strong password. Avoid making passwords with patterns (ie: a1234567 or mmmmmmm9).
The username and password for the Undergraduate Admissions Application is set by the applicant. The Help Desk cannot lookup, or reset this information. It is usually faster to start the process over if the application was not completed. Undergraduate Admissions has the capability of resetting this information. They can be contacted at (316) 978-3085. Graduate School Admissions and International Admissions questions should be directed to those departments.