First Time Applicants and Students

Following are the steps you will need to take in order to apply for VA Educational Benefits: 

  • All students MUST fill out an Application for VA Education Benefits based on one of the following criteria:

  • Become fully admitted to a degree-bound program at Wichita State University. For questions about applying for admission to an undergraduate program, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (316) 978-3085. For graduate programs, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (316) 978-3095.

  • Once you have received notice from the Department of Veterans Affairs that you have been approved to use VA Education Benefits, submit the following items to WSU Veterans Services:

    • Intent to Enroll Form (all students must submit this form)
    • Chapters 30/33/1607: Certificate of Eligibility provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
    • Chapter 1606: Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
  • Meet with your Academic Advisor to complete the Enrollment Certification Request Form (if you are an Undergraduate student, use this form; if you are a Graduate student, use this form). Submit the completed form to WSU Veterans Services for certification of your enrollment for the use of your VA education benefits. This must be done each semester you are wanting to use your educational benefits; if you make any changes to your enrollment after your enrollment has been certified, you must submit a new Enrollment Certification Request form for recertification.

If you have any questions regarding the benefit application process, or what is needed in order for your enrollment to be certified, please contact WSU Veterans Services in Jardine Hall, room 203, by phone at (316) 978-3027, or by email to Veterans.Services@wichita.edu.