Transfer Students

If you have used benefits at another institution and are now transferring to WSU, follow these steps to establish benefits with Wichita State University:

  1. Complete an Intent to Enroll form

  2. All transfer students MUST fill out a VA Form, based on your Educational Benefits

    1. Chapter 35: VA FORM 22-5495 : Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Survivors and Dependents; submit a copy to WSU Veterans Services.

    2. All other Chapters: VA FORM 22-1995: Request of Change of Program or Place of Training; submit a copy to WSU Veterans Services.

  3. Meet with an academic advisor to set your degree plan and enroll.

  4. While meeting with your academic advisor, you and your advisor will need to complete the Enrollment Certification Request Form (if you are working on an Undergraduate program, complete this form; if you are working on a Graduate program, complete this form). Once you and your advisor have completed the appropriate form, submit it to the WSU Office of Veterans Services for enrollment certification. You will need to submit this form completed by you and your Academic Advisor to WSU Veterans Services each semester you are wanting to use education benefits. Additionally, if you change your enrollment after submitting the Enrollment Certification Request, and new form must be completed and submitted to WSU Veterans Services.


If you have questions regarding the forms necessary, or the steps to transfer your education benefits to WSU from another school, please contact WSU Veterans Services in Jardine Hall, room 203, by phone at (316) 978-3027, or by email to veterans.services@wichita.edu.