Each letter cost $1.25 which includes a special envelope with postage. They will be sent to Santa Claus Indiana for a special pictorial postmark and then sent to the address on the envelope. The last day to purchase the letters will be December 14, 2016.
The Postal Service recommends customers in the U.S. observe the following mailing and shipping deadlines to ensure that deliveries are made in time for Christmas. Click here for the Domestic, International and Military mailing dates (2 pages).
The changes, if approved by the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), include a 2-cent increase in the price of a First-Class Mail® Forever® Stamp and a 3.9 percent price increase in Priority Mail®.
The current and new Priority Mail prices are:
• Small Flat Rate Box: $6.80 (current), $7.15 (new)
• Medium Flat Rate Box: $13.45 (current), $13.60 (new)
• Large Flat Rate Box: $18.75 (current), $18.85 (new)
• Large Army/Air Post Office and Fleet Post Office Flat Rate Box: $16.75 (current), $17.35 (new)
• Regular Flat Rate Envelope: $6.45 (current), $6.65 (new)
• Legal Flat Rate Envelope: $6.45 (current), $6.95 (new)
• Padded Flat Rate Envelope: $6.80 (current), $7.20 (new)
Pricing for Standard Mail®, Periodicals, Package Services and Extra Services also will be adjusted next year.
The Postal Service’s filing with the PRC does not include changes for postcards, letters mailed to international destinations or additional ounces for letters.
•FedEx Express package and freight standard list rates will increase an average of 3.9% for U.S., U.S. export and U.S. import services.
•FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9%.
•FedEx International Premium® rates will change.
•Minimum rates for FedEx Express® services will change.
Daily rates for UPS® Ground service will increase an average net 4.9%.
Daily rates for UPS Air and International services will increase an average net 4.9%.
The Additional Handling charge will be assessed for UPS Air and International packages with the longest side exceeding 48 inches, instead of 60 inches.