Cereal Malt Beverages
The service or sale of cereal malt beverages (3.2% beer) may be permitted under the following conditions:
1. The sale of cereal malt beverages (3.2% beer) to individuals is restricted to licensed spaces in the Rhatigan Student Center and Eck Stadium.
2. Cereal malt beverages may be served at campus group events approved by the President or the President's designee.
3. Consumption of cereal malt beverages is permitted only within the approved area designated for the event. Care must be taken by event organizers to assure that cereal malt beverages will not be served or sold to people who are not of legal age or who appear to be intoxicated. Nonalcoholic beverages must be available at all events in which cereal malt beverages are sold or served.
4. At all times the marketing, serving, sale and/or consumption of cereal malt beverages must be in full compliance with all applicable state statutes and regulations.
5. The sale, distribution, service and/or consumption of cereal malt beverages on the University campus in any circumstances other than the above is prohibited.
1. Alcoholic liquor may be served (on a complimentary basis) and
consumed in non-classroom areas of campus facilities, or on outside
grounds immediately adjacent thereto. The service of alcoholic liquor must
be approved in advance by the President or the President's designee. The
service and consumption of alcoholic liquor will not be approved for
2. Alcoholic liquor must be served by the University's designated
food service provider or a professional catering service. Outside caterers
will be required to provide proof of liability insurance designating the
University as a named insured.
3. Care must be taken by event organizers to assure that alcoholic
liquor will not be served to persons who are not of legal age or who
appear to be intoxicated. At all events in which alcoholic liquor is
approved for use, a nonalcoholic beverage must also be available to
participants. Food must also be available at all functions where alcoholic
liquor is served.
4. At all times the serving and/or consumption of alcoholic liquor must be in full compliance with all state statutes and regulations.
5. The distribution or consumption of alcoholic liquor on the University campus in any circumstances other than the above is prohibited unless approved by the University President or the President's designee.
1. No persons under 21 years of age are allowed to possess or to consume cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor at any event at which these beverages are sold or served.
2. Violations of state law and/or University policies on the part of groups or individuals will be handled in accordance with applicable law enforcement or university disciplinary procedures and services regarding alcohol education and abuse prevention programs.
March 29, 2001
May 1, 2002
October 6, 2003
September 15, 2011
November 1, 2012