11.10 / Poster/Flyer Policy for University Grounds and Facilities
This policy pertains to the placement, or display of publicity or
advertising material including, but not limited to: posters/flyers,
placards, banners, student election campaign material, announcements, yard
signs, portable signs, and other such temporary or nonpermanent
communications devices (hereinafter "posters/flyers"; or "poster/flyer").
1. Posters/flyers shall be affixed with masking tape or with thumb
tacks on departmental or college bulletin boards and the public bulletin
board on the first floor of the RSC. Any materials (staples, glue, nails,
cellophane tape, etc.) which could cause damage shall not be used to affix
posters/flyers to surfaces. To attach materials to the concrete kiosks,
duct tape is available at the University Information Center in the
Rhatigan Student Center.
2. The posting of non-university posters/flyers, including
advertisements for the sale of products or services, is limited to the
following campus locations:
3. Banners may be tied (or temporarily affixed) to the fence
surrounding the intramural playfield or RSC balcony. Contact the RSC
Reservations Office at 978-3475 to use the balcony space. Contact the
Heskett Center at 978-3082 to use the intramural playfield fence.
- The 13 concrete kiosks located on campus (use duct tape available at
the University Information Center in the RSC).
- The public bulletin board located on the first floor of the RSC.
4. Posters/flyers may not be placed on the following:
5. In connection with authorized student election campaigns:
- Exterior or interior surfaces of buildings.
- Sidewalks; utility poles; trees; automobiles or other vehicles;
sculpture or other outdoor artwork; entry, directional, informational,
or traffic signs; pillars; and other similar surfaces.
6. Chalking of University facilities is not permitted.
- Candidates for election must follow SGA election policies regarding
the placement and number of publicity items allowed and when campaigning
- Student election campaign materials may be posted on departmental or
college bulletin boards.
- Student election campaign materials shall be removed within three
days after the applicable student election.
- Yard signs may be used for student election campaign materials
associated with student elections.
7. Yard signs are not permitted except as provided for in paragraph
5.d. of this policy.
8. Paint shall not be applied to any surface on campus.
9. Posters which, when wet, might discolor the surface upon which
they are mounted, shall not be permitted and if posted shall be removed by
university employees. A fine may be assessed against the organization
placing or displaying the poster/flyer for any repairs or clean-up charges
associated with damage to facilities.
10. Posters/flyers shall not exceed 18" x 24", must be dated, and
contain appropriate print and content for the University community. The
organization placing or displaying the poster/flyer must be identified on
11. Posters/flyers not posted in accordance with this policy will
be removed by University employees.
May 20, 2015