12.03 / Budget Administration and Budget Adjustments
Spending within the approved budget, including all expenditures funded from
restricted fee income, is the responsibility of the Department Budget
Officer. According to Legislation, restricted use income received by the
generating department must be used for the purpose intended. Requests
for changes in approved departmental budgets are initiated by submitting a
Budget Adjustment form to the University Budget Office. The form must be
approved by the appropriate Budget Officer, Budget Review Officer, and Vice
President. The following guidelines address the necessity of processing
Budget adjustments are required for:
- Transfer of general use funding between departments.
- Transfer of funding between controllable salaries (temporary salaries,
overtime salaries, and student salaries) account codes and OOE account
- Establishing new budgets resulting from new or changed projects or
- Transfer of positive general use shrinkage balances.
Budget adjustments are not required for:
Budget adjustments may not be processed for:
- Transferring funds between OOE account codes.
- Transfer of general use funds budgeted for university support staff
and unclassified permanent salaries (account codes 1000 and 1100).
University Budget Office personnel will transfer funds to and from
appropriate shrinkage accounts depending on the status of positions
being vacated or filled.
- Transfer of restricted use funding from one department to another.
- Transfer of funding between the University's General Fees Fund
(Tuition) and State General Fund appropriation.
February 13, 2017