Students whose financial circumstances are such that a payment plan is necessary will qualify for a payment plan. Students receiving financial aid from other sources sufficient to pay tuition and fees in full do not qualify for a payment plan.
1. The Payment Plan Program is to provide limited, short-term tuition and fee assistance to students. Payment plans are to only be used for payment of tuition and fees at the University. Tuition and fees are defined in the Comprehensive Fee Schedule.
2. A payment plan represents a contract liability and must be paid in full. All payments that have not been made by the due dates shall be considered delinquent. Delinquent accounts must be paid in full before future enrollment is allowed. Transcripts and diplomas will not be released to students with unpaid balances.
3. Payment plans require a minimum non-refundable down payment of $100 and a non-refundable $30 setup fee.
4. Payment plans made during the regular academic year must be repaid in three monthly installments: for fall semester, payment due dates are September 15, October 15 and November 15; for spring semester, payment due dates are February 15, March 15 and April 15. Summer session payment plans must be repaid in two equal payments due on June 15 and July 15. Exceptions to the payment dates are for the concurrent high school and second half Intensive English programs. Installments for fall semester are October 15, November 15 and December 15. Spring semester installments are March 15, April 15 and May 15.
5. Any refunds due students for dropping or withdrawal of classes will be applied to a student's payment plan balance.
6. No interest shall be charged to students.
7. Late fees are applied according to the Comprehensive Fee Schedule.
This policy shall be included in the WSU Policies and Procedures Manual and shared with appropriate constituencies of the University.
The Associate Vice President, Financial Operations and Business Technology, shall have primary responsibility for publication, dissemination and distribution of this University policy.
March 31, 1999
January 1, 2010
June 3, 2016