The University has contracted with a food service provider to be the exclusive provider of food and food service for the University at University events where the general University community is invited, when guests from off-campus are invited and/or when a charge is being assessed on the attendees for food. However, it is recognized that there are limited exceptions to that exclusive contractual arrangement.
1. Complimentary food items may be provided by University employees for sharing with their co-workers in their department or office; provided, however, that such employees are responsible for the wholesomeness of the complimentary food items.
2. Donated food items can be used at University events; provided, however, that such donated food items must be from a licensed restaurant or wholesale or retail seller or manufacturer of the donated food items. Any use of donated food items by recognized student organizations or at events where students are the principal focus must be approved by the Vice President for Campus Life and University Relations (click here for required approval form). The Vice President for Administration and Finance or designee must approve the use of donated food items for all other functions. The use of donated food items is also subject to any applicable building requirements.
3. Recognized student organizations may sell or dispense food on campus provided such sale or dispensing is in accord with guidelines established by the Vice President for Campus Life and University Relations and any applicable building requirements.
4. Food service at the President's official residence will be determined by the President and the President's spouse.
5. Except as set forth above, all food service must be provided in accordance with the terms of the contract between the University and the contracted food service provider, regardless of the source of funds used (Restricted Use, General Use, grants/research or funds being held in a Board of Trustees or Foundation account).
This policy shall be included in the WSU Policies and Procedures Manual and shared with appropriate constituencies of the University.
The Vice President for Campus Life and University Relations shall have primary responsibility for publication, dissemination and implementation of this University policy.
February 5, 2003
April 2, 2003
April 12, 2004
August 17, 2004