Policies and Procedures Banner 

5.09 / Consultant Services to Other State Agencies

It is the responsibility of the University, which employs a faculty member on a regular basis, to authorize in advance of actual service a faculty member to serve as a consultant to another state agency. If a WSU faculty member is contacted by another state agency to serve as a consultant and if the faculty member is to be reimbursed for these services, the following steps should be followed.

1.  The WSU faculty member through the departmental chairperson must submit a memo to the Provost and Senior Vice President giving the name of the faculty member, dates of employment, reason for employment, and the rate of compensation.

2.  When the matter has been approved by the Provost and Senior Vice President, the Vice President for Administration and Finance will notify the counterpart at the state agency requesting the services of the WSU faculty member so the requesting state agency can initiate the appropriate paper work to pay the WSU faculty member.

Click the left half to go to
        Chapter 5. Click the right half to go to the Table of Contents. Chapter 5 Table of Contents